Sunday, February 01, 2009

Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Brownies Part Deux

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

All I have to say is YUM! Next time I'll probably go with slightly smaller amount of the peanut butter batter so the swirls will be more dramatic, but the flavors balance each other out delightfully.

I didn't mention that I used 100% White Whole Wheat Flour instead of All Purpose. I really prefer whole wheat brownies to all purpose flour brownies. They tend to stay denser, but with a little more structure so you really get the best of the cakey and fudgey brownie worlds. Even when you do a fudgier brownie recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! That picture is downright sinful, in that I want to lick my screen.

    I didn't though, knowing that my screen wouldn't taste like your picture looks!

    Thank You for the heads-up on the flour substitute. All Purpose is All Over our house but I'm All Ways looking for a better substitution!

    (groan all you want, but I'm serious in my All Purpose disdain!)

    ReplyDelete