Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Wishes...

So, I almost got what I wanted to do this weekend done this weekend. Almost. I did garden, some. I watered everything and weeded in the vegetable area. Which area, so far, doesn't have much in the way of vegetables. I'm pretty sure that I have four asparagus pea seedlings that have come up, so that's good, but no tomatoes have volunteered which I find highly disappointing.

I did not take any pictures of anything. Including the lovely ripple baby blanket that I finally finished weaving in the ends. I did accomplish that, so go me! The coordinating hat is almost done, as well. I had so much trouble trying to figure out how to make a ripple brim, that I gave that up and am just giving it a "single crochet in back loops only" ripple brim. It's super cute, even if I do say so myself. Pictures will be taken and posted this week. Hopefully, before I send it off to its intended recipient.

I also meant to play with my Ravelry account this weekend. That went the way of the pictures of stuff. Nowhere!

I have two excuses (well, three, if you count lazy, which I do when I have enough energy): I had a hair appointment yesterday (which I had forgotten about) and I had rehearsal today. My hair appointment did lead, indirectly, to the purchase of yarn for the wedding afghan that is due by the end of July, so that's a good thing. I like Lion Brand Homespun. Which may make me a yarn philistine, but so be it. I prefer to think of it as being democratic. I like the super high end stuff, but in the right colors and with the right pattern, Homespun is a marvelous product. :-)

Here's an old picture to keep all none of you quiet...


Glory believes in getting her close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment