Thursday, December 07, 2006

Beta, Max...

I've decided that I need to be slightly more focused in order to post more regularly. In this vein, I think I'm going to start posting a story that I'm in the process of writing. I'll try to start tomorrow. I would have started today, except that I forgot to bring the notebook that has the thing in it. Of course, I have to find the notebook first. This will be interspersed with stories about knitting and crocheting. At least, that is my goal. We'll see if I manage. As any of my friends can attest, I am an unreliable correspondent. I mean well, but I'm easily distracted by bright, shiny objects.

My current knitting consists mainly of presents (oh shocker, since it is December). The only thing that isn't a present is
this. In Metropolis. It's turning out a lovely, soft, tweedy thing. I'm sure there a people who don't approve of Lion Brand Homespun, but I love it, it's soft and fuzzy and gets even more so with washing. Just don't make fringe with it. It frays like crazy. It's frazy. ;-) This will be the first project made for myself. I have a stack of other sweater patterns that I want to make for myself, but I have to mix them with things for other people or I will feel selfish and guilty. Hats, socks and mittens lurk at the edge of my conscious whispering "make us, make us, we will keep someone warm, warm, warm." How do you resist that? By making something for a baby.

I wonder why the keyboard shortcuts don't work for me. Probably the whole Safari/Mac conundrum. *pout* It's probably good for me to learn how to do fancy things without shortcuts. Next thing you know, I'll be messing with the template and adding pictures and animations and stuff. Wheeeeee!!!!!

Word for the Day: cacophony [kəˈkäfənē] noun ( pl. -nies) a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from French cacophonie, from Greek kakophōnia,
from kakophōnos ‘ill-sounding,’ from kakos ‘bad’ + phōnē ‘sound.’

No comments:

Post a Comment